Week Of August 29th - September 2nd
1. A. Argument (noun)-An exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
B. Since I had an argument with my brother, I was grounded for a week.
2. A. Cite (verb)-To quote a passage, book, author especially as an authority.
B. I cited examples, but I could only do two.
C. This is a picture of cite.
3. A. Passive (adjective) - Accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.
B. Because I was passive, I allowed late homework.
C. This is a picture of passive
4. A. Personification (noun) - the attribution of a personal nature or human characteristics to something nonhuman, or the representation of an abstract quality in human form.
B. I had to use personification, so the animal had emotions.
5. A. Point of view. (noun) - A particular attitude or way of considering a matter.
B. The book was in her point of view, because she wrote it.
C. This is a picture of point of view
Week Of September 6th - September 9th
6. A. Collaborate (verb) - Work jointly on an activity, especially to produce or create something.
B. I had to collaborate, since the project was for a grade.
7. A. Articulate (adjective) - Having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently.
B. They were unable to articulate their emotions, but they tried
8. A. Evolve (verb) - Develop gradually, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
B. Jay wanted to meet, but we had to evolve him
9. A. Meticulous (verb) - showing great attention to detail, very careful and precise.
B. I was Meticulous in the forest, since I was very observent
10. A. Agile (Adjective) able to move quickly and easily.
B. I was very agile, but my feet still hurt.
Week of September 12th - 16th
11. A. Hypotenuse (noun) The longest side of a right triangle, the opposite of the right angle.
B. The triangle didn't have a hypotenuse angle, since it wasn't a right triangle.
12. A. Converse (noun) - Switching the hypothesis and conclusion of a conditional statement.
B. Because it was a converse, the sentence was switched around.
13. A. Irrational number (noun) - An irrational number is a real number that cannot be expressed as a ratio of integers.
B. A irrational number is 3.14298.
14. A. Rational number (noun) - Is a number that can be written as a ratio.
B. An example is 8, since it can be wrote as a fraction.
15. A. Square root (noun) - A number that produces a specified quantity when multiplied by itself.
B. 7 is the square root of 49, because 7x7=49.
Week of September 19th - 23rd
16. A. Elastic potential energy(noun) - is Potential energy stored as a result of deformation of an elastic object.
B. Since a spring is an elastic potential energy, I put one in a mouse trap.
17. A. Newton's (noun) - Is a unit of force
B. I labeled it in newtons, Because it was force.
18. A. Force field (noun) - an invisible barrier of exerted strength or impetus.
B. In the movie theres a force field, but its fake.
19. A. Inertia (noun) - a tendency to do nothing or to remain unchanged.
B. It was Inertia, because it took a while for it to get moving.
20. A. Normal Force (noun) - is the component, perpendicular to the surface.
B. I had normal force, but I still sunk in the sand.
Week of September 27th - 30th
21. Accept (verb) - consent to receive (a thing offered).
B. He accepted the rules, but he didn't follow them.
22. Except (verb) - regard (something) as likely to happen.
B. Since I was the best on the team, they expected me to score most.
23. Affect (verb) - have an effect on; make a difference to.
B. I made a difference, so it was an affect.
24.Effect (noun) - a change that is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.
B. I was a good person, so the effect was i got rewarded.
25.Principle (noun) - a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.
B. There was principles in the church, so i followed them.
Week Of October 3rd - 7th
26. Allusion (noun) - an expression designed to call something to mind without mentioning it explicitly; an indirect or passing reference.
B. An allusion is when a person or author makes an indirect reference in speech, text, or song to an event or figure.
27. Onomatopoeia (noun) - the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named.
B. An example is boom, because its a sound effect.
28. Alliteration (noun) - the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
B. An alliteration has to have the same letters, so
29. Irony (noun) - the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
B. She has Irony in her voice, but she didn't care.
30. Figurative (Adjective) - departing from a literal use of words; metaphorical.
B. I had to use figurative language, so I used Onomatopoeia.